HUNTERS & FISHERMEN ASSN. OF NSW “ARTEMIS”
A.B.N. 63 912 643 670
Members of the Hunters & Fishermen association of NSW (hereafter "ARTEMIS") subscribe to a high standard of ethical and sportsmanlike conduct. This code provides a standard of conduct for a hunter and gives our landowners and the public a clear indication of what to expect from a member. This is the code of conduct that all "ARTEMIS" members are expected to adhere to in their hunting activities.
• A member shall not breach, encourage or condone any violation of the wildlife regulations. A member shall make a reasonable effort to report any known violation of the regulations to relevant authorities at the earliest opportunity.
• A member has a duty to uphold the standards and reputation of the "ARTEMIS" and the hunting fraternity. A member shall not harm the "ARTEMIS", its members or members of the broader hunting fraternity.
• A member shall not use any alcohol, or any other drug or substance, to the extent that the use impairs the user physically or mentally while engaged in any hunting activities.
• A member shall make every effort possible to ensure the safety of all people, livestock, animals, property and buildings in their allotted hunting area.
• A member shall maintain a degree of professionalism, proficiency and responsibility satisfactory to the "ARTEMIS". A member shall subscribe to the highest level of conduct and accepts that responsible behaviour extends to other people, wildlife and the environment.
• A member shall ensure full cooperation between members of the "ARTEMIS" and other user groups within the same area.
• A member shall respect the landowner’s wishes, written, verbal or otherwise, at all times.
• A member shall report all suspicious activities to the landowner, on the property to which they have lawful and rightful access, at the earliest possibility.
• A member shall seek permission from the rightful owner prior to entering all private properties and respect their crops, property and equipment, leave gates as found.
• A member shall respect all species he/she is pursuing. A member shall make every reasonable attempt to locate and retrieve their quarry. This responsibility includes understanding the habits of the quarry as well as understanding the limitations of their hunting equipment.